Antique Sterling Silver Milk or Cream Jug
Marked Birmingham 1930, with the Maker’s Mark Elkington & Co, created for J C Vickery of Regent St. London, an Edwardian department store that was fit for royalty. Indeed, the British Royal family, along with the Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian royals all patronized this department store. It is a heavy piece of silver with a Georgian shaped body, decorated with gadrooning around the lip of the jug. It is classical in shape and yet quite contemporary and it makes both a luxurious cream or milk jug, or even for gravy.
L 15 cm, H 9 cm, D 8.5 cm