Natural Sponge Coral, Sterling Silver and Natural Onyx on Black Silk Band
- Rich and Simple. Easy to wear. The natural sponge coral Bi disc is full of the coral’s patterns. The Bi disc is a Chinese symbol of harmony and long life. It is 1 ½ inches across (2.5 cm) and 9 mm deep.
- Above the pendant sits a hand crafted, fair trade sterling silver bead (16 mm) made by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand. It is shaped to resemble a lotus bud, an emblem of purity. There are also small, sterling silver spacer beads.
- Lastly, a mat black natural onyx cube 8 cm, harmonizes with the handmade black silk/polyester band. The band’s clasp consists of a jade bead which fits into one of two stretchable silk rings, enabling the wearer to vary the length. My silver label is attached at the ring.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace measures 16 inches around (40.5 cm) with a 3 ¼ inch pendant drop (8 cm).