Antique Bone, Natural Smoky Quartz and Vintage Vermeil
- The antique carved bone pendant is a complex, quite stunning design. Four rectangles are linked by a rope, all hand carved in polished bone. It is 1 ¾ inches across (4.5 cm) and 6 mm deep.
- It hangs on 6 mm bone beads which hang on a necklace of natural smoky quartz.
- The smoky quartz alternates in tone and size, from a darker brown, (19 mm x 15 mm), to a paler, smoky quartz of 13 mm x 15 mm.
- Two carved smoky quartz melon beads (14 mm) are in the middle of the necklace.
- Two antique, polished bone beads (14 mm) echo the pendant. And two carved antique bone beads (16 mm) repeat the creamy colour,
- There are four handmade, vintage, traditional Afghan melon beads (15 mm), which were created by using 18ct gold on silver on hardened resin, a technique learned from the craftsmen who came to Afghanistan in 330 BC, with Alexander the Great.
- A 14ct gold vermeil toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklaces come, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 18 inches long (45.5 cm) with a 2 inch pendant drop (5 cm).