Vintage Chinese Export Silver, Enamel, Jasper Pendant on Natural Lapis, Crystal, Carnelian and Sterling Silver
- The Chinese Export Silver/Enamel work is always intricate and unique. This vintage pendant, dated around 1930, is no exception. The delicate silver filigree work, both on the back of the pendant and on the sides, is exquisite craftsmanship. Adding the blue enamel and setting a rich, faceted jasper stone in the centre, simply adds to the impression of stunning craftsmanship. And it is also a very pretty pendant, 1-inch square (2.5 cm) and 12mm deep. Even its bail, the loop that enables the pendant to hang, is decorated with silver filigree and blue and turquoise enamel flowers.
- The pendant hangs on a necklace of fair trade, sterling silver beads (11 mm), handmade by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand, natural, brilliant blue lapis beads, antique rock crystal and carved carnelian from Afghanistan, and sterling silver wave discs.
- The lapis discs are 10 mm, while the lapis shaped cylinders are 12 mm x 17 mm.
- The antique, rock crystal long, oval beads have been carved with ribs and is 24 mm x 14 mm.
- The carved antique carnelian discs are 10 mm.
- A handmade, sterling silver toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 17 inches long (43 cm) with a 1 inch pendant drop (2.5 cm).